Wednesday, November 5, 2008

That time of year again

Ah, summer, what there was of it, has passed and we are now in that transitory period on horse racing toward the fully fledged jumps season. The card is littered with, well, less inspiring races and the evening has closed in. At least that means I get two evenings off a week from watching the racing. In fact often I don't bother with the remainder of the week in the evening either.

If you are struggling then do not dispair, after so long in the market I have seen that the market does have some seasonality about it. I can clearly pick days, weeks and months where records will definately not be set! That said, the Saturday before last I did have a record day, but that's another story.

The winter months on the horse racing can be hard but there are some highlights. So if you are finding it tough, just keep it simple and don't expect miracles during the poorer weeks.