Friday, November 28, 2008

Have a tipple with the Hennessy

Saturdays card sees a couple of interesting meetings. The Hennessy at Newbury and the Fighting fifth at Newcastle. I have fond memories of the big race at Newbury, it has treated me well.

Two years ago I stood up at the IX investor show at Olympia in London and traded it live, definitely a pressure moment for sure! I didn't need to worry, as I did OK on the day and completely trounced the big race of the day. I earned £250 for less than ten minutes work on the race with a bank of only £1k, much to the astonishment of the audience. It wasn't the result that was satisfying but more the fact that yet again, after several similar events, it was defining proof that I don't wasn't talking rubbish! In a world fill of charlatans and fakes it proved hard to convince people that trading on horses was viable, especially to an audience of investors. Thank fully after lots of live trading, countless magazine articles and appearances across the world the message was sinking in and this was more icing on the cake. Each year I have done better on this day that previous years so today I face another pressure moment as I attempt to beat last year. It's going to be a tricky task.

Remember though it's not just the big races that throw up opportunities. Keep focusing on every race as an individual opportunity as good trades can strike at any moment in any race as this image shows. Good luck this weekend!