Saturday, October 4, 2008

Newmarket - Cambridgeshire meeting

I have fond memories of the Cambridgeshire meeting, I hope to add to that this weekend. It was two years ago that I attended the World Money Show with Betfair and traded live at the event. I remember the complete and utter skepticism that surrounded the Betfair stand during the morning as people just couldn't understand why a betting company was at a trading / investment show. I tried to explain to passers by what was going on, but I was met with a general lack of understanding and some downright rude comments. As the afternoon sprung into action and people saw what was going on, the stand started to fill up and by the end of the session it was packed. In the end we all ended on a high with a job well done, it was exhausting but great fun. Betfair don't really seem to fund these events anymore, which is a shame.

Last year, the Newmarket meeting was even better and I knocked in some excellent totals thrashing my performance of the previous year. It would be great to repeat that performance this year. Good luck what ever you do.