Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Expecting Ebor

Ah the British summer. Nice to see the afternoon card reduced to one meeting on Tuesday after the persistent rain waterlogged Market Rasen. We are still better than last year though, when many meetings were lost to worse conditions. The water logging had me browsing around the Met Office web site last night looking for some sort of stats on annual rainfall, it feels like its getting worse during the summer. Its probably not it probably due to the fact that I ust feel it more now!

This week wasn't going to be a strong week on the horse racing markets, given that Ebor is arriving next week. Large parts of the card look generally unappealing and could have done without the rain, but I'll be sure to tough it out. At the back of my mind I am really waiting for Ebor and, subject to the weather, we should be in for a feast of racing for the whole week. Last year I did very well at Ebor, in fact I think I did too well and may struggle to get near that result again. I must have been busy as I have few screenshots from last year but looking at the prior year that seems to have gone OK as well. Here's hoping this year lives up to expectations!